noun, plural cher·ries.
1. The fruit of any of various trees belonging to the genus Prunus, of the rose family, consisting of a pulpy, globular drupe enclosing a one-seeded smooth stone.
2. The tree bearing such a fruit.
3. The wood of such a tree.
4. Any of various fruits or plants resembling the cherry.
5. Bright red; cerise.
6. Bright-red; cerise.
7. (of food and beverages) made with or containing cherries or cherrylike flavoring: cherry pie; cherry soda.
8. (of furniture, woodwork, etc.) made of or covered or decorated with wood from the cherry tree.
9. Slang: Often Vulgar. being a virgin.
10. Slang. New or unused: a three-year-old car in cherry condition. Inexperienced; being an innocent novice.