Studies have found that affirmations, positive dialogue, and motivational self-talk can encourage change in one’s habits. Whether it be for physical health, emotional and psychological wellbeing, or relationships, instilling change for the better especially this coming year can do wonders for our life, growth, and progress.
Compiled below are quotations and affirmations that can help bring about change and success.
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.”
- “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. That is when I start counting, because then it really counts. That’s what makes you a champion.”
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
- “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
- “If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside.”
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.””Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – either way you’re right.”
- “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.”
- “No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”
- “Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.”
Article courtesy of: Youth Health Magazine